Start Date: September 1st, 2018 (2-year duration)
Carfax Recruitment are currently inviting Teachers, or SEN experienced Tutors, to apply for the role of Residential Tutor, for a confidential client in Oman. The successful candidate will oversee the daily activities of a young teenager and maintain a relationship of trust and mentorship in his daily life and school subjects. General academic support aside , the Tutor/Teacher will play a key role in defining after school activities in co-operation with his school and family.
General Duties will include:
- Accompanying the child to his school lessons, or providing separate private sessions within the daily schedule to aid his comprehension of school work;
- Engage in all aspects of curriculum, syllabus, academic work, and progress with the school; Supervision of Academic work and supplementary tuition where appropriate;
- Supervision and support of homework;
- Reporting of academic and pastoral progress on a weekly, and monthly basis
- In cooperation with the family and school, support extra-curricular activities where required;
The ideal candidate will possess the following qualities:
- Be an enthusiastic and genuinely motivated educator with the ability to instil a love of learning in a child with attentional difficulties;
- Be capable of maintaining a stable, supportive and encouraging environment at all times;
- Be flexible and considerate to evolving circumstances;
- Maintain a presentable appearance, with suitable comportment and a kind demeanour;
- Be ethical, mature, and trustworthy;
- Possess teaching and/or SEN experience; and
- Speak clearly and articulately with no discernible accent.
Not essential, but preferred, the ideal candidate will also possess the following qualities:
- SEN experience and qualification;
- Holder of a full driving licence;
- The ability to provide wide ranging academic and skills support across subjects;
- Instil and foster intellectual curiosity and appreciation across the arts;
- Teaching experience and/or qualification; and
- Speak a second language.
Remuneration and Benefits:
- Accommodation in the family home or in a private apartment;
- Annual return flights and all Visas;
- A salary between £3,000- £5,000 per month depending on background and experience; and
- Health Insurance and paid holidays.
|Job Category||Residential Tutor|